samedi 25 mars 2017

updateOrCreate return duplicate error while it should update

My understanding of Laravel updateOrCreate is that if a given value exists updates the table otherwise adds a new record but I have encounter as situation that instead of updating it give me the duplicate error. This is what I have:

$e = \App\Element::updateOrCreate(
                ['link' => $link],
                ['title'=>$title,'description' => $description]

This works fine but for one record I get:

SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry 'blahblahblah' for key 'link' 

I wonder why updateOrCreate doesn't work here as it should. Shouldn't it leave the link column as it is and update the rest?



from Newest questions tagged laravel-5 - Stack Overflow http://ift.tt/2n23y4s
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire