vendredi 17 novembre 2017

SQL : Multiple left joins with similar tables

I have the following tables:

TABLE A
id
info

TABLE B
f_id
question
choices

TABLE C
f_id
question
lines

The id from the Table A always match a f_id from either Table B or C, but never both. I want to join Table B and Table C on table A only when it matches so I would get a table with the following columns :

id | info | question | choices | lines

where all rows are filled in the question column, some are NULL in the column choices and some are NULL in the column lines.

What I tried is to do two consecutive left joins, but the second one overrides the first so all the rows that doesn't match in Table C (second left join) get a NULL value in the question column.

Is there a way to do a query that will not override previously joined data with NULL values? I'm working with Laravel Eloquent, so any of raw SQL or Eloquent Query would help me.



from Newest questions tagged laravel-5 - Stack Overflow http://ift.tt/2ySNwk8
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire