samedi 27 février 2016

Laravel save() not defined

I am trying to convert my existing insert methods into query scopes so that I can reuse them and have a more DRY approach.

This is what I want to convert into a Larvel query scope:

$time = new Time;
$time->employee_id  = $input['user_id'];
$time->day          = Carbon::now()->toDateString();
$time->clock_in     = Carbon::now()->toTimeString();
$time->save();

This is what I have now for the query scope:

public function scopeClockIn($query, $userID) {
    $query->employee_id  = $userID;
    $query->day          = Carbon::now()->toDateString();
    $query->clock_in     = Carbon::now()->toTimeString();
    $query->save();
}

This is how I am calling the above query scope:

$time = Time::clockIn($input['user_id']);

But I get the error:

Call to undefined method Illuminate\Database\Query\Builder::save()

I have also tried:

$time = new Time::clockIn($input['user_id']);

but when I try with the new keyword I get an error:

syntax error, unexpected 'clockIn' (T_STRING), expecting variable (T_VARIABLE) or '$'

Google has not been very helpful I have found other questions with the same error message but they are trying to retrieve results not insert them. Hoping someone here can help me figure out what I did wrong.



from Newest questions tagged laravel-5 - Stack Overflow http://ift.tt/1S8UWWq
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire