samedi 26 septembre 2015

Laravel & Typeahead.js: retrieve category name but submit its ID to the database?

I managed to integrate Typeahead.js with my laravel app. But unfortunately, I need to submit its ID instead of its name. I need to retrieve the name of the category with Typeahead but insert its ID in the database because that's how I'm referencing it.

So far I am getting an sql error because it's expecting an integer but instead it's getting a string (name of the category).

I tried doing a foreach and assign $result->id to $data[] but that didn't work at all.

How can I fix that?

getSubreddits method in PostsController

public function getSubreddits($query) {
        $results = Subreddit::select('name')->where('name', 'LIKE', '%' . $query . '%')->get();
        return Response::json($results);
    }



from Newest questions tagged laravel-5 - Stack Overflow http://ift.tt/1Mxry7B
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire