mercredi 1 février 2017

Updating Existing Column Attributes - Laravel 5 Migration

I have

a existing column called cpe_mac. I created it via migration like this :

$table->string('cpe_mac')->default(NULL)->nullable();


I want

I want to add this ->unique() to that column, without having to drop it and re-add.


I've tried

$table->string('cpe_mac')->unique();


Migration File

<?php

use Illuminate\Database\Schema\Blueprint;
use Illuminate\Database\Migrations\Migration;

class AlterCaptivePortalTable212017 extends Migration
{
    /**
     * Run the migrations.
     *
     * @return void
     */
    public function up()
    {
        Schema::table('captive_portals', function (Blueprint $table) {
            $table->string('cpe_mac')->unique();
        });
    }

    /**
     * Reverse the migrations.
     *
     * @return void
     */
    public function down()
    {
        Schema::table('captive_portals', function (Blueprint $table) {
            $table->string('cpe_mac')->default(NULL)->nullable();
        });
    }
}


I kept

getting

SQLSTATE[42701]: Duplicate column: 7 ERROR:  column "cpe_mac" of relation "captive_portals" already exists


Is there to achive this without having to drop my existing column ?

(I have a lot client data that can't be deleted !)

How would one go about and implement this ?


I'm opening to any suggestions at this moment.

Any hints / suggestions / helps on this be will be much appreciated !



from Newest questions tagged laravel-5 - Stack Overflow http://ift.tt/2kSYy1V
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire