mercredi 30 novembre 2016

Catching a query exception?

I have a slug column in my database, it's unique.

If I try and store another row with a non unique slug I get a QueryException error.

I catch the error, and hope to return an error message something along the lines that "slug exists".

try {
    User::create($data);
} catch (\Illuminate\Database\QueryException $e) {
    //return the error
}

The above is fine, but I'm just wondering, what if another QueryException is thrown, not to do with the duplicate slug and i return a duplicate slug error message incorrectly.

Is there a way to find out what the query exception was and return an error message based on this? i know the exception provides its own message but I was hoping for something a little more user friendly.



from Newest questions tagged laravel-5 - Stack Overflow http://ift.tt/2fDkrDK
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire