mercredi 15 novembre 2017

When validating data in Laravel 5.5, Update returns "unknown column in field list" error where Create does not

Laravel 5.5 introduces a new streamlined request validation. The idea being that:

$validData = $request->validate($rules)

will return only those fields that are present in the $rules. This is beneficial so that one can then simply User::create($validData) or User::update($validData).

However, I noticed that when I have additional data, which I do validate, but that doesn't exist in the model's (this case User) table, the create method inserts the record, but that the update method returns this error:

Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'column_name' in 'field list'

I can of course write the relevant field lists out, or use other workaround, but I wonder why are the two methods are behaving differently?



from Newest questions tagged laravel-5 - Stack Overflow http://ift.tt/2AGRqwX
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire