dimanche 28 août 2016

EAV is 'bad', so I need hundreds of tables?

I'm building a product catalog with hundreds of different product types. These product types have a lot of different attributes. Some are shared, but most are specific for the product type.

My initial thought was to go with an EAV-type structure, but I understand why that might be a bad choice. Especially since I want my database to enforce correctness and consistency, which is going to be a mess with EAV.

The alternative in my case would be class table inheritance. I'm a bit worried about the maintainability though... how am I going to maintain hundreds of migrations and models? Is that really a desirable situation? I understand the benefits, but isn't maintainability a huge downside?



from Newest questions tagged laravel-5 - Stack Overflow http://ift.tt/2bu9XQC
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire