vendredi 31 mars 2017

Apply Middleware to all routes except `setup/*` in Laravel 5.4

I'm experimenting with Middleware in my Laravel application. I currently have it set up to run on every route for an authenticated user, however, I want it to ignore any requests that begin with the setup URI.

Here is what my CheckOnboarding middleware method looks like:

public function handle($request, Closure $next)
{
    /** 
    * Check to see if the user has completed the onboarding, if not redirect.
    * Also checks that the requested URI isn't the setup route to ensure there isn't a redirect loop.
    */
    if ($request->user()->onboarding_complete == false && $request->path() != 'setup') {
        return redirect('setup');
    } else {
        return $next($request);
    }
}

This is being used in my routes like this:

Route::group(['middleware' => ['auth','checkOnboarding']], function () {
    Route::get('/home', 'HomeController@index');
    Route::get('/account', 'AccountController@index');

    Route::group(['prefix' => 'setup'], function () {
        Route::get('/', 'OnboardingController@index')->name('setup');
        Route::post('/settings', 'SettingsController@store');
    }); 
});

Now, if I go to /home or /account I get redirected to /setup as you would expect. This originally caused a redirect loop error hence why & $request->path() != 'setup' is in the Middleware.

I feel like this is a really clunky way of doing it, and obviously doesn't match anything after setup like the setup/settings route I have created.

Is there a better way to have this Middleware run on all routes for a user, but also set certain routes that should be exempt from this check?



from Newest questions tagged laravel-5 - Stack Overflow http://ift.tt/2nRu3h8
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire