jeudi 26 avril 2018

How Can I add a user of type jobber to another user Favorite List using Laravel

I am working on the add to favorites and view favorites list functionality on my website. I have managed to create 2 tables

A users tables with id, name, surname, photo, type and email

A favorites tables with id, user_id, favoriteable_id, created_at and updated_at

I was trying to implement it in such a way that when a user, who is connected to his account clicks on the add to favorites button, It will add the user selected on his list of favorites.

I tried doing it this way but it didn't quite worked and got confused in the process.

This is my web routes

Route::post('favorite/{user}', 'FavoriteController@favoriteUser')->name('jobber.fav.store');
Route::post('unfavorite/{user}', 'Favorite@unFavoriteUser');
Route::get('my_favorites', 'UsersController@myFavorites')->middleware('auth');

This is my Favorite Controller

   /**
 * Favorite a particular jobber
 *
 * @param  User $user
 * @return Response
 */
public function favoriteUser(User $user)
{
    Auth::user()->favorites()->attach($user->id);

    return back();
}

/**
 * Unfavorite a particular post
 *
 * @param  User $user
 * @return Response
 */
public function unFavoriteUser(User $user)
{
    Auth::user()->favorites()->detach($user->id);

    return back();
}

and this is my User Controller

 /**
 * Get all favorite posts by user
 *
 * @return Response
 */
public function myFavorites()
{
    $myFavorites = Auth::user()->favorites;

    return view('users.my_favorites', compact('myFavorites'));
}

And the route that adds to the list of favorites

<div class="col-lg-4">
    <a class="apply-thisjob" href="#" title=""><i class="la la-paper-plane"></i>Recherchez d'autres jobbeurs</a>

<a class="add-tofavorite" href=" " title=""><i class="la la-heart-o"></i>Add to my favorites</a>

                                </div>

And this is my_favorites.blade.php

<div class="row">
    <div class="col-md-8 col-md-offset-2">
        <div class="page-header">
            <h3>My Favorites</h3>
        </div>
        @forelse ($myFavorites as $myFavorite)
            <div class="panel panel-default">
                <div class="panel-heading">
                    
                </div>

                <div class="panel-body">
                    
                </div>

            </div>
        @empty
            <p>You have no favorite posts.</p>
        @endforelse
     </div>

and Inside my user Model I added this

public function favorites()
{
    return $this->belongsToMany(User::class, 'favorites', 'user_id', 'favoriteable_id')->withTimeStamps();
}

Can Anyone help me out? Or any suggestions on how to make it work.. THanks in advance.



from Newest questions tagged laravel-5 - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/2vLSHFn
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire