dimanche 30 juin 2019

Laravel - 5.8 - background job is not in the background

I am trying to use Laravel background jobs. I have a library, which imports lots of images.

For queued jobs, I am following Laravel documentation:

First (create table):

php artisan queue:table

php artisan migrate

Then configuration in .env file for Redis:

REDIS_HOST=127.0.0.1
REDIS_PASSWORD=null
REDIS_PORT=43216

Create a job:

php artisan make:job CarsJob

CarsJob:

public function handle(){
    $cars = new CarsLibrary();
    $CarsLibrary->importAll();
}

Dispatching a job in a some action in the controller:

First what I have tried:

    $importCarsJob = (new ImportCarsJob())->onQueue('import_cars');
    $this->dispatch($importCarsJob );

Second what I have tried:

    $importCarsJob = new importCarsJob ();
    $this->dispatch($importCarsJob );

I have enabled Redis in my hosting. It is shared hosting.

If I access the URL, I see that this job is not in the background, because it needs more than a minute to finish the request.



from Newest questions tagged laravel-5 - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/2XisWtC
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire