vendredi 20 avril 2018

Is there anyway to pull events from the Facebook Graph?

I have a travel app that, used to, pull events from Facebook using the GET /search?q=tokyo&type=event enpoint. I understand this endpoint is now deprecated per this.

So I started to use this endpoint from my Facebook PHP SDK: GET /me/events where in order to pull an event from the API, I'd have to manually set my self as going on my personal Facebook account. Just yesterday I noticed that it now returns 200 response with an empty JSON.

I also saw this post that suggested that access to user_events will face more scrutiny in the App Review process. However, I already went through an app review last year and I can see this in my dashboard:

enter image description here

Hovering over the green circle says: Live and Available to all Users. So what's wrong?

Also, I can see this note in the App Review process docs:

You do not need to submit your app if it will only be used by you or by a reduced number of people. Any account listed in the Roles tab in your App Dashboard, such as admins, developers and testers, can access all permissions and generate a user or page access token.

You can use any of these accounts to test your app and create a screencast.

And that's exactly what I do, I pull the events that belong to my account, that is registered as a Developer on the app's dashboard. However, trying to pull my own events even from the Graph Explorer returns empty JSON.

My last resort seems to be to resubmit an App Review. However, given that I already went through late last year, I receive this warning when clicking Start Over:

enter image description here

Is it safe to do or will current permissions be revoked in any way? If so how long will this process take?

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

How do I pull events right now in the wake of these updates, and is my issue really related to Cambridge Analytica incident or am I missing something? And do I really have to resubmit for an app review?



from Newest questions tagged laravel-5 - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/2qN01eV
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire