jeudi 30 mai 2019

What's the best Laravel Eloquent way to structure this

If the question is not StackOverflow-y I don't mind moderators to close it, I couldn't decide.

I have the following models: Users, Groups, Regions, Cities... There are like 4 of them. Every user can have multiple relations to each entity (administrator, manager, participant and some others)

Should I do a Relations table as follows:

user_id | target_id | target_type | relationship_type
      1 |         2 |       group |           manager

And if so - how would I use Eloquent relations - HasManyThrough somehow?

Or is the Eloquent way something else? Maybe different tables for each entity (user_group, user_region) ?

The goal is to have each "Groups where Peter is admin in", "Regions where Jessica is participant" queried easily via Eloquent.



from Newest questions tagged laravel-5 - Stack Overflow http://bit.ly/2EIadwi
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire