lundi 25 février 2019

Laravel Eloquent increment without updating timestamps

I have an Eloquent model on which I would like to increment a single attribute. So far I've been using the following line of code to achieve this:

Thread::where('id', $threadId)->increment('like_count');

This however has the unwanted side-effect of updating the updated_at timestamp. I've found the following way of updating a record without altering the timestamp:

    $thread = Thread::where('id', $threadId)->first();

    $thread->timestamps = false;
    $thread->like_count++;
    $thread->save();

But that suddenly looks a lot less concise. Therefore, I would like to know of there's a way to use the increment method without updating timestamps.



from Newest questions tagged laravel-5 - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/2Eebt9e
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire